Associate Director, Clinical Data Management - Early Oncology - REMOTE - Now Hiring
By clicking the “Apply” button, I understand that my employment application process with Takeda will commence and that the information I provide in my application will be processed in line with Takeda’s and . I further attest that all information I submit in my employment application is true to the best of my knowledge.Job Description
Associate Director, Clinical Data Management
As the Associate Director Clinical Data Management, you are responsible for timely and high quality data management deliverables supporting the Takeda portfolio. You will report to the Director, Clinical Data Solutions. You are responsible for conducting oversight of Data Management activities at the program, group of programs and/or portfolio level - as performed within Takeda or by Strategic Partners, CROs or other 3rd Party Vendors - to ensure they meet obligations as described in ICH-GCP and Takeda's Scope of Work, maximize effectiveness and maintain budgets.
You will provide and enable solutions for complex problem solving that align with the Takeda values. You will establish Program(s) or Portfolio level strategies and services, and are accountable for the management of vendor partnerships to maximize effectiveness and maintain budgets.
You will provide data management expertise and capability in support of global development programs as well as post-marketing registration and non-registration studies.
- Lead data management activities for in-house and outsourced studies, and managing staff responsible for performing those activities.
- Manage vendor oversight activities across global development programs. Represent data management function on the Clinical Sub-team ensuring aligned expectations between the CRO and Takeda for all data related deliverables, especially to support decisions and regulatory submissions.
- Provide input to functional governance with Takeda's strategic suppliers. Partner with appropriate team members to resolves issues escalated from the vendor and teams.
- For studies where data management activities are conducted within Takeda, leads clinical trial data collection set-up, data review, and database lock as follows:
- Works with other departments to complete set up of EDC and other study data collection tools such as IRT, ePRO and eCOA.
- Leads the creation and maintenance of study data cleaning plan components, including edit checks (data validation plan), listing review checks, data integration specifications, data transfer specifications, external data reconciliation plan(s), coding guidelines, SAE reconciliation guidelines, database lock plans.
- Leads data review, including query management, and leads activities required for interim and final database locks.
- Oversees above activities at the program and portfolio level.
- Participate in preparing function for submission readiness and may represent function in a formal inspection or audit.
- Ensure archival and inspection readiness of all Data Management Trial Master File (TMF) documents.
- Accountable for the functional resource coordination to ensure support for Submission Working Group activities.
- Achieve major data management deliverables with other departments including the Therapeutic Area Units, Clinical Operations, Pharmacovigilance and Statistics. This includes securing and coordinating functional resources to support all studies within scope to ensure delivery for implementing data capture tools, Data processing, coding and validation.
- Manage external Data Management budgets (in collaboration with Clinical Operations TA Leads) to ensure accuracy, understand trends in variances and support continuous improvement in forecasting.
- Be a process expert for operational and oversight models.
- Maintain SOPs, process maps and templates and timelines to support operational and oversight models.
- May prepare metrics to support the function's KPIs.
- Represent function in external professional projects and organizations such as SCDM, CDISC, DIA to identify industry best practice and increase the visibility of Takeda.
- Define and Lead functional Continuous Improvement projects, providing strategic direction and identifying deliverables that meet timelines, budget, and are company, departmental or functional requirements.
- Ensure the quality of the data in each database delivery, and quality of other data management deliverables
- Champion and adopt technology improvements and tools for use in clinical data management processes.
- Ensure compliance with own Learning Curricula, corporate and GXP requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or international equivalent preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 8 or more years data management and drug development process with expertise in the data management function.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and alliance partnerships with at least 4 years experience in this area.
- Minimum 3 years of line management experience or equivalent.
- Experience in project management and managing data management activities for large drug development programs.
- Experience with all phases of development in one or more therapeutic areas preferred.
- NDA/CTD Experience preferred.
- Experience of data management best practices, standards, library development and maintenance.
- Experience with clinical trial documents (protocols, statistical analysis plans, CRFs, study reports) and processes.
- Experience of broad drug development process with expertise in the interfaces with the data management function.
- Strategic knowledge of FDA and ICH regulations and industry standards applicable to data capture and data management process.
- Knowledge of relational databases and experience using multiple clinical data management systems.
- Knowledge of electronic data capture and data warehouse technologies as applied to clinical trials.
- Knowledge of general medical coding in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry including knowledge of medical dictionaries, coding tools, and coding governance models.
- Ensure adherence to functional budget, and provide updates to manager regarding additional, potential spend or cost savings.
- Experience of CDISC standards, SDTM and TA-specific standards preferred. Experience developing internal data standards and mapping of Medical Concepts is ideal.
- Experience with general medical terminology, medical coding, laboratory reference ranges, clinical diagnostic procedures, anatomy/physiology and nature of disease processes.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Location: Cambridge, MA or 100% Virtual
Base Salary Range: $160,000-190,000 based on candidate professional experience level. Employee may also be eligible for Short Term and Long Term incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental. Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Company Holidays, Personal & Vacation Days, Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
This position is currently classified as “remote” in accordance with Takeda’s Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsMassachusetts - VirtualWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Similar jobs near me
- From Picking to Packing: The Essential Role of Warehouse Associates
- The Art of Persuasion: A Look at the Role of Sales Associates
- Retail sales associate job interview: 10 preparation tips
- Retail sales associate interview: 5 most common Q&A
- Why you need a background check as a retail sales associate?